A recent focus of his attention has been in the field of Regenerative and Anti-Aging Medicine. Platelet Rich Plasma and Stem Cell treatments are available for degenerative joint or spinal conditions. Dr Kuo has been involved in trials of intradiscal stem cell injections for degenerative disc disease. These treatments may hold significant promises for the future of medicine.
The intensive study of Pain Medicine at three of the world’s leading centers of medicine (Top Ranked Hospital in New York-NYPH, Top Ranked Cancer Center in the US-MSKCC, Top Ranked Orthopedic Hospital in the US-HSS) has led Dr. Kuo to obtain a comprehensive knowledge of different pain syndromes and conditions, ranging from sports injuries to post-operative pain to cancer pain.
Dr. Kuo is a board certified Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) with additional board certification in Pain Medicine. He is a member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, and Fellow of the American Academy of Pain Management (AAPM).
Driven by his dedication to medicine and his specialty, Dr. Kuo continually attends education seminars and conferences and keeps up to date with the latest developments in the field of pain management. In his free time he enjoys time with his dogs, snowboarding, cycling, and creating art work, many pieces which can be seen in the office.
- Undergraduate Education: Boston University, B.A. Cum Laude
- Medical School: Boston University School of Medicine, M.D.
- Internship: New York Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center, Department of Surgery
- Residency: New York Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center, Department of Anesthesiology
- Fellowship: Tri-Institutional Pain Management Fellowship: New York Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center,
- Hospital for Special Surgery , Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- North Shore / Long Island Jewish Hospital
- Mt. Sinai / Beth Israel Medical Center